Professional Designation – Information for Students

There are many academic programs in Canada that offer hydrological science courses. Students should find out if the program they are interested in offers the ability for graduates of that program to obtain a professional designation. Below is a list of known hydrology related programs at Canadian academic institutions. Note that each program varies widely in the extent in which they cover hydrology topics and you should use this information as a starting place for your research. This list is a work-in-progress and a community collaboration, please email us (cshs at if you notice a program that is missing from the list and we’ll add it asap.

College and Undergraduate Programs

Graduate Programs

* Eligibility for designation is dependent on fulfilling the pre-requisite courses (often these are undergraduate courses) required by the provincial regulating body.